Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Click here for larger version of the NLM Scheme
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- This entry is out of date, and will not be updated, February 2018
See also Collection development | Print ordering | Reference services | Top Information Sources in Biomedical Reference Services | Top Ten Competencies in Medical Reference
If there are print copies of these texts, we will link directly to them below via the ......
- Conn's Current Therapy (Online via MD Consult Core Collection
- Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (Online via AccessMedicine)
- DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination, 9th Edition Online via Ebrary
- Osler Medical Handbook, 2nd Edition Online via MD Consult Core Collection
- Lawrence, Peter F., Richard M. Bell and Merril T. Dayton. Essentials of General Surgery, 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- Lawrence, Peter F., Richard M. Bell and Merril T. Dayton. Essentials of Surgical Specialties, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007.
- Macfarlane, Michael T. Urology, 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- Qayumi, A.K. and Emma J. Patterson. Basic Surgical Techniques: An Illustrated Manual. Vancouver, B.C.: Q & Q, 2000.
- Clinical anesthesia practice. (2nd ed, 2002)
- Handbook of Clinical anesthesia procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital. (8th ed, 2010)
- Handbook of clinical anesthesia. (6th ed, 2009)
- Kaplan's cardiac anesthesia. (5th ed, 2006)
- Lee's Synopsis of anaesthesia. (13th ed, 2006)
- Miller's Anesthesia. (6th ed, 2005) Online via MD Consult (7th ed, 2009).
- Problems in anesthesiology: approach to diagnosis. (1992)
- Braunwald's heart disease : a textbook of cardiovascular medicine. (8th ed, 2008). Online Via MD Consult. (9th Ed. 2011).
- Cardiac nursing. (6th ed, 2010).
- Clinical trials in cardiovascular disease. (1999)
- Current diagnosis and treatment in cardiology. Online via Ebrary (3rd ed, 2009) or Online Via AccessMedicine (3rd ed, 2009).
- Drugs for the heart, (7th ed, 2009).
- Evidence-based cardiology. (3rd ed, 2010).
- Hurst's The Heart (13th ed, 2011).
- Manual of cardiovascular diseases
- Marriott's practical electrocardiography. (11th ed, 2008).
- Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners (5th ed, 2008).
- Practical handbook of advanced interventional cardiology. (2nd ed, 2003).
- Andrews' diseases of the skin. (10 ed, 2006)
- Color atlas and synopsis of pediatric dermatology
- Dermatopathology in systemic disease
- Dermatology secrets in color
- Fitzpatrick's color atlas and synopsis of clinical dermatology
- Fitzpatrick's dermatology in general medicine
- Lookingbill and Marks' principles of dermatology
- Mosby's color atlas and text of dermatology
- Pediatric dermatology and dermatopathology: a concise atlas
- Primary dermatologic care
WB Internal medicine
- Cecil textbook of medicine. (22nd ed, 2004). Online via MD Consult. (23rd ed, 2007).
- Current medical diagnosis & treatment
- Davidson's principles and practice of medicine
- Dorland's illustrated medical dictionary (31st ed, 2007).
- Field guide to internal medicine
- Harrison's principles of internal medicine. (17th ed, 2008).
- Internal medicine clerkship: 150 biggest mistakes and how to avoid them
- Oxford textbook of medicine
- Scientific American medicine
- Stedman's medical dictionary. (28th ed, 2006).
- Textbook of internal medicine
- Washington Manual of Therapeutics
- Campbell's operative orthopaedics
- Chapman's orthopaedic surgery. (3rd ed, 2001)
- Clinical orthopedic assessment guide
- Color atlas of clinical orthopaedics
- Current orthopaedic diagnosis and treatment
- Manual of orthopaedic terminology
- Orthopaedic basic science
- Orthopaedic dictionary
- Orthopaedics in primary care
- Orthopedic terminology including sports medicine
- Primer of biomechanics
- Review of orthopaedics
- Salter's Textbook of disorders and injuries
- Kelley's textbook of rheumatology. (6th ed, 2001). 9th ed online
- Arthritis and allied conditions : a textbook of rheumatology
- Klippel's Primary care rheumatology
- Manual of rheumatology and outpatient orthopedic disorders
- Primer on the rheumatic diseases
- Harris' Primary care rheumatology
- Textbook of pediatric rheumatology
- Campbell-Walsh urology
- Clinical manual of urology. (3rd ed, 2001)
- Congenital anomalies of the kidney, urinary and genital tracts
- Comprehensive textbook of genitourinary oncology
- Medical therapy in urology
- Smith's general urology. (16th ed, 2004)
- Urology for primary care physicians
- Urology secrets
The HLWIKI Canada team makes consumer health information (CHI) available to all -- however, it is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as advice or as a substitute for consulting a doctor. While we strive to keep all content current and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability of information, products, services, or related graphics contained here or on any of the websites listed. Only qualified health providers can provide health care e.g., they will take your health history, examine you, and bring their expertise and experience to bear on evaluating you. Put simply, advice regarding your care should always include your physician and other health providers. Please ask your local health librarian for further assistance.