Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Ontario's provincial flag, a Red Ensign with the shield of the Coat of arms of Ontario in the field
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
See also Canadian health librarians — current, emerging & past | Famous librarians in history | HLWIKI International (section française du portail)
Tom Flemming (retired) was a former public services librarian at the McMaster University's Health Sciences Library in Hamilton, Ontario. He was a long-serving member of CHLA/ABSC (Canada) and known for his informed opinions. Flemming was known for his Health Care Information Resources website, which he started in 1995 in the pre-Google era when health librarians relied on directories of librarian-selected resources to find things. Flemming is active in the MLA - Medical Library Association (U.S.) and promotes credentialing of health librarians through the Academy of Health Information Professionals. He was a winner of the Margaret Ridley Charlton Award for Outstanding Achievement in 2002. In 2008, Flemming was awarded Honourary Life Membership by CHLA/ABSC (Canada). In 2011, Tom joined the CVHL Free Content Expert Panel. For the 2012 Conference, Flemming was the official photographer.
- Flemming T, Dorsch J, Funk CJ. The Academy of Health Information Professionals: ripe for research. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004;92(3):297–8.
- Flemming T, Sullivant J. Consumer health materials for lesbians, gay men, bisexual and transgendered people. Public Libr Q. 2000;18(3/4):95–107.
- Heddle NM, Gagliardi K, Flemming T. Searching the scientific literature. Can J Med Technol. 1991;53(4):210–3.
- McKibbon KA, Haynes RB, Dilks CJ, Ramsden MF, Ryan NC, Baker L, Flemming T, Fitzgerald D. How good are clinical MEDLINE searches? A comparative study of clinical end-user and librarian searches. Comput Biomed Res. 1990;23(6):583–93.
- Sourcebook of Canadian health statistics. CHLA/ABSC 1990. Tom Flemming and Diana Kent.