Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Robin Featherstone, Research Librarian, ARCHE (Alberta Research Centre for Health Evidence), Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
See also Canadian health librarians — current, emerging & past | Disaster Information For Librarians | HLWIKI International Advisory | National Library of Medicine (U.S.) | What health librarians do | Altmetrics | Infographics
Robin Featherstone is an embedded research librarian for ARCHE (Alberta Research Centre for Health Evidence) with the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Alberta. Robin was previously a medical school liaison librarian at McGill University and Western, as well as a hospital librarian for the Montreal General Hospital. Robin is a course developer and instructor for the Medical Library Association's Disaster Information Specialization Program. Robin received her Masters of Library and Information Science degree at Dalhousie University’s School of Information Management in 2006. She completed the two-year NLM's Associate Fellowship Program at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. As a second year fellow-in-residence, she worked at Yale University’s Cushing/Whitney Medical Library. Her current research interests include investigating new methods of synthesizing evidence, integrating evidence-based practice into medical education and promoting evidence-based disaster management. With Susan Powelson, Robin will be teaching a continuing education workshop on bibliometrics and altmetrics at the 2015 CHLA/ABSC Conference in Vancouver BC. Follow Robin on Twitter @rmfeatherstone.
- Featherstone RM, Dryden DM, Foisy M, Guise JM, Mitchell MD, Paynter RA,Robinson KA, Umscheid CA, Hartling L. Advancing knowledge of rapid reviews: ananalysis of results, conclusions and recommendations from published reviewarticles examining rapid reviews. Syst Rev. 2015 Apr 17;4:50.
- Featherstone RM, Dryden DM, Foisy M, Guise JM, Mitchell MD, Paynter RA, et al. Advancing knowledge of rapid reviews: an analysis of results, conclusions and recommendations from published review articles examining rapid reviews. Syst Rev. 2015 Apr 17;4(1):50.
- Donahue AE, Featherstone RM. New roles for hospital librarians: a benchmarking survey of disaster management activities. J Med Libr Assoc 2013;101(4): 315-318. In press.
- Featherstone RM. The disaster information specialist: an emerging role for health librarians. J Libr Admin. 2012;52(8):731-753.
- Featherstone RM, Boldt RG, Torabi N, Konrad SL. Provision of pandemic disease information by health sciences librarians: a multisite comparative case series. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012;100(2):104–12.
- Featherstone R, Hersey D. The quest for full text: an in-depth examination of Pubget for medical searchers. Med Ref Serv Q. 2010 Oct;29(4):307–19.
- Featherstone RM, Wang L. Enhancing subject access to electronic collections with VuFind. JERML. 2009;6(4):294–306.
- Featherstone RM, Lyon BJ, Ruffin AB. Library roles in disaster response: an oral history project by the National Library of Medicine. J Med Libr Assoc. 2008 Oct;96(4):343–46.
Collaboration with other librarians