Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- 20 May 2017
- health librarians, health library associations, medical librarians, professional associations
See also Associations | Health Libraries Association of British Columbia (HLABC) | MLA - Medical Library Association (U.S.) | National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (PNC/MLA) was established in 1953 as a regional library group representing Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington state. It became an official chapter of the MLA - Medical Library Association (U.S.) in 1978. As an organization of librarians, individuals and institutions interested in health sciences libraries, PNCMLA is committed to:
- Promoting professional excellence among health care information providers
- Offering opportunities for education and professional growth
- Providing leadership in the health care information field in the Pacific Northwest and Canada.
- Providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- Promoting cooperation among health sciences libraries
- Representing the chapter and its members before MLA and other organizations