Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Lorie Kloda, Assessment Librarian, McGill University Library
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- 26 October 2016
See also Canadian health librarians — current, emerging & past | Jill Boruff | Managing health libraries | What health librarians do
Lorie Kloda MLIS, AHIP, PhD is the Associate University Librarian, Planning & Community Relations, Libraries at Concordia University and formerly the assessment librarian at McGill University in Montreal. Previously, Kloda was liaison librarian at the McGill Life Sciences Library where she instructed students and faculty on searching the literature. Kloda has collaborated with several research teams in designing and producing systematic reviews in healthcare and is a member of the Medical Library Association’s Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP). Her PhD dissertation research, ‘’Clinical questions asked and pursued by rehabilitation therapists: an exploratory study of information needs’’ was conducted at McGill University's School of Information Studies.
Lorie is an associate editor of the open access journal, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice. Her current research interests are the information needs of health professionals, expert searching for systematic reviews, and evidence-based practice. Denise Koufogiannakis and Lorie Kloda have taught a continuing education session entitled Evidence-Based Librarianship in Practice: Using Evidence in Health Sciences Libraries at several conferences. You can follow Kloda on Twitter http://twitter.com/loriekloda and SlideShare. Jill Boruff and Kloda won the Donald A. B. Lindberg Research Fellowship from the Medical Library Association (MLA) in 2015.
- Fitzgibbons M, Kloda LA, Miller-Nesbitt A. Exploring the value of academic librarians’ participation in journal clubs. College & Research Libraries. 2017. http://crl.acrl.org/content/early/2016/07/27/crl16-965.full.pdf
- Kloda LA, Bartlett JC. Formulating answerable questions: question negotiation in evidence-based practice. JCHLA/JABSC. 2013;34(02):55-60.
- Grad R. Pluye P, Granikov V, Johnson-Lafleur J, Shulha M, Sridhar SB, Bartlett G, Moscovici J, Vandal A, Marlow B, Kloda L. Physicians’ assessment of the value of clinical information: operationalization of a theoretical model. J Amer Soc Info Technol. 2011;62(10):1884-91.
- Kloda LA, Koufogiannakis D, Mallan K. Transferring evidence into practice: what evidence summaries of LIS research tell practitioners. Information Research. 2011;16(1). ‘’Awarded the Robert H. Blackburn Distinguished Paper Award (2012) by the Canadian Library Association.’’
- Kloda LA. The librarian as information provider and educator. In Brettle A., Urquhart C. (eds.). Changing roles and contexts for health library and information professionals. 2011. London: Facet.
- Kloda LA. Searching the literature to create a literature review. In Harvey BJ, Lang ES, Frank JR. (eds.). The research guide: a primer for residents, other health care trainees and practitioners, pp. 41-49. 2011. Ottawa: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Kloda LA. Being a critical professional: the importance of post-publication peer review in evidence based library and information practice. Evidence Based Libr Info Pract. 2009;4(3):72-4.
- Kloda LA. Asking the right question. "Evidence Based Library and Information Practice". 2008;3(4):79-81.
- Kloda LA, Bartlett JC. Clinical information behavior of rehabilitation therapists: a review of the research on occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists. JMLA. 2009;97(3):194.
- Kloda LA. Use Google Scholar, Scopus and Web of Science for comprehensive citation tracking. Evidence Based Lib Info Pract. 2007;2(3):87-90.
- Kloda LA. Reference librarians use electronic sources six times more than print sources to answer patrons’ questions. Evid Based Libr Info Pract. 2006;1(2):33-35.
- Racine M, Touignant-Laflamme Y, Kloda LA, Dion D, Dupuis G, Choinière M. A systematic literature review of 10 years of research on sex/gender and experimental pain perception – part 1: are there really differences between women and men? Pain. 2012;153(3):602-18.
- Racine M, Touignant-Laflamme Y, Kloda LA, Dion D, Dupuis G, Choinière M. A systematic literature review of 10 years of research on sex/gender and experimental pain perception – part 2: do biopsychosocial factors alter pain sensitivity differently in women and men? Pain. 2012;153(3):619-635.
- Thombs BD, Roseman M, Kloda LA. Depression screening and mental health outcomes in children and adolescents: a systematic review protocol. Syst Rev. 2012 Nov 24;1:58.
- Steingart KR, Sohn H, Schiller I, Kloda LA, et al. Xpert® MTB/RIF assay for pulmonary tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Jan 31;1:CD009593.
- Yeung JP, Kloda LA, McDevitt J, Ben-Shoshan M, Alizadehfar R. Oral immunotherapy for milk allergy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Nov 14;11:CD009542.