Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Jill Boruff, liaison librarian in rehabilitation sciences at McGill Life Sciences Library
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- 25 October 2016
See also CHLA/ABSC (Canada) | Canadian health librarians — current, emerging & past | Lorie Kloda | What health librarians do
Jill Boruff, associate librarian at the McGill University Library in Montréal Quebec, serves as the liaison to the School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, the School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, clinical psychology and psychiatry. She earned her bachelor of arts (BA) degree in English Literature and French Literature from the University of Notre Dame in 2002, and her Master of Library and Information Science degree from McGill University in 2007. Her research interests include expert searching in knowledge translation, information literacy for health professionals and the use of mobile devices in academic settings. In 2013, Jill was the CHLA/ABSC Emerging Leader Award winner joining past recipients Dale Storie, Trish Chatterley and Jeff Mason and others. In 2015, with Lorie Kloda, Jill won a Donald A. B. Lindberg Research Fellowship from the Medical Library Association (MLA).
- Boruff JT, Storie D. Mobile devices in medicine: a survey of how medical students, residents, and faculty use smartphones and other mobile devices to find information. J Med Libr Assoc. 2014 Jan;102(1):22-30.
- Boruff JT, Bilodeau E. Creating a mobile subject guide to improve access to point-of-care resources for medical students: a case study. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Jan;100(1):55-60.
- Boruff JT, Thomas A. Integrating evidence-based practice and information literacy skills in teaching physical and occupational therapy students. Health Info Libr J. 2011 Dec;28(4):264-72.
- Boruff JT, Plejic MJ. Facilitating access to English and French patient education materials through the creation of a database and search interface for patients and health professionals. J Cons Health Internet.2010;14(2):109-125.
- Blanchette MA, Bussières A, Stochkendahl MJ, Boruff J, Harrison P. Effectiveness and economic evaluation of chiropractic care for the treatment of low back pain: a systematic review protocol. Syst Rev. 2015 Mar 18;4:30.
- Nedelec B, Carter A, Forbes L, Hsu SC, McMahon M, Parry I, Ryan CM, Serghiou MA, Schneider JC, Sharp PA, de Oliveira A, Boruff J. Practice guidelines for the application of nonsilicone or silicone gels and gel sheets after burn injury. J Burn Care Res. 2015 May-Jun;36(3):345-74.).
- Pluye P, Granikov V, Bartlett G, Grad RM, Tang DL, Johnson-Lafleur J, Shulha M, Barbosa Galvão MC, Ricarte IL, Stephenson R, Shohet L, Hutsul JA, Repchinsky CA, Rosenberg E, Burnand B, Légaré F, Dunikowski L, Murray S, Boruff J, Frati F, Kloda L, Macaulay A, Lagarde F, Doray G. Development and content validation of the information assessment method for patients and consumers. JMIR Res Protoc. 2014 Feb 18;3(1):e7
- Thomas A, Menon A, Boruff J, Rodriguez AM, Ahmed S. Applications of social constructivist learning theories in knowledge translation for healthcare professionals: a scoping review. Implement Sci. 2014 May 6;9:54.
- Boruff, J., Harrison, P. (2015). Assessment of Knowledge and Skills in Allied Health Student Information Literacy Instruction: a Systematic Review. Paper presented at the Canadian Health Libraries Association conference, Vancouver, BC, June 22, 2015.
- Chojecki, D. and Boruff, J. (2013). Navigating the rough waters of knowledge translation (KT) research: developing effective search strategies for systematic reviews with a KT focus. Poster presented at the Cochrane Collaboration International Colloquium, Quebec City, QC, September 21, 2013.PDF icon chojecki_boruff_kt_searching_poster_sept_2013.pdf
- Boruff, J., Storie, D., Chojecki, D., Robertson, H., and Ufholz, L. (2012). Knowledge on the go: a survey of mobile device usage in medicine. Paper presented at the Canadian Health Libraries Association conference, Hamilton, ON, June 14, 2012.
- Boruff, J. (2011). New learning spaces: collaborating with faculty to align course outcomes with information literacy objectives. Paper presented at the Workshop for Instruction in Library Use, Regina, SK, June 3, 2011.