Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International – hlwiki.ca? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- 5 June 2013
- Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5P9 Canada
- Phone: 613-727-2735
- Fax: 613-727-0745
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Requesting medical books and journals not more than 5 years old.
- A voluntary, not-for-profit and non-political organization founded in 1999 to contribute towards capacity building of higher academic institutions in Ethiopia. One of AHEAD’s three programs is a book program which aims to send up to 1000 medical books and journals annually to the AAU Medical Faculty. The recipient of the shipment is the Medical Library of AAU but the beneficiaries include the Jimma, Gondar and Addis Ababa Medical Faculties. AHEAD works closely with University of Ottawa who support shipping and other costs in running this project. AHEAD also has an agreement with Ethiopian Airlines to ship books and journals to Addis Ababa at a special rate.
- Attn: Continuing Education Committee
- 205-1037 West Broadway
- Vancouver BC V6H 1E3, CANADA
- 877-739-4708 or 604-739-4708
- Fax: 604-739-4788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical books and journals dated from 1990 to present in English or Portuguese. Books concentrating on aspects of surgery in particular are needed.
- Working in Africa to promote injury prevention research, teach basic surgical skills and assist medical libraries. Current working, with nationals, in Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, and Uganda.