Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
See also Canadian health librarians — current, emerging & past | CHLA/ABSC (Canada) | Important librarians in history
Dorothy Fitzgerald (retired) was the Director of the McMaster University Health Sciences Library and Computing Services from 1983 to 2007. Prior to her move to McMaster University, Fitzgerald was the librarian for the College of Family Physicians of Canada. She served on the Board of CHLA/ABSC from 1985 to 1988, and participated in the steering group of the National Network for Libraries of Health in 2002. She was awarded an honourary life membership in CHLA/ABSC (Canada) in 2008. Fitzgerald earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Mount St Vincent University and a Master of Library Science degree from Dalhousie University.
- Fitzgerald D. Joanne Gard Marshall, AHIP, FMLA Medical Library Association President 2004-2005. J Med Libr Assoc. 2004;92(3):302-5.
- Royle JA, Blythe J, DiCenso A, Baumann A, Fitzgerald D. Do nurses have the information resources and skills for research utilization? Can J Nurs Adm. 1997 Sep;10(3):9-30.
- Marshall JG, Fitzgerald D, Busby L, Heaton G. A study of library use in problem-based and traditional medical curricula. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1993 Jul;81(3):299-305.
- McKibbon KA, Haynes RB, Dilks CJ, Ramsden MF, Ryan NC, Baker L, Flemming T, Fitzgerald D. How good are clinical MEDLINE searches? A comparative study of clinical end-user and librarian searches. Comput Biomed Res. 1990 Dec;23(6):583-93.
- Haynes RB, McKibbon KA, Walker CJ, Ryan N, Fitzgerald D. Online access to MEDLINE in clinical settings. A study of use and usefulness. Ann Intern Med. 1990;112(1):78-84.