|Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
This entry is out of date, and will not be updated, June 2017
See also Health literacy | Men's Health Pathfinders | Women's Health Pathfinders | Canadian consumer health information (CHI) portal
Diet and nutrition refers to two things: 1) the types of foods and liquids that you habitually ingest, and drink and 2) the provision of food to nourish cells of the human body through consuming, absorbing, and using nutrients to support life. In general, human beings can survive up to eight weeks without food, depending on their stored body fat and muscle mass. Survival without water, however, is limited to three or four days.
- 4 stars denotes librarian-selected, high quality information. Starred sites are great places to begin your research.
- PubMed Health provides health information written at the college or university-level. MedlinePlus (U.S.) provides access to easy-to-read health information.
- An online or print publication intended to present Canadian health information for Canadians
- Dietitians of Canada Canadian registered dietitians provide resources for consumers and health professionals
- official website of Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ), a bi-national government body responsible for developing food standards for Australia and New Zealand
- Health, Nutrition and Population
- Nutrition Toolkit contains resources on basic facts, economic analysis, growth promotion, food supplementation, food stamps, etc. in pdf format for user to download.
- Country Profiles
- prevalence, height for age (% of children under 5) data visualization: overlap malnutrition prevalence data with timeline and geographical information
- Malnutrition prevalence, weight for age (% of children under 5) data visualization: overlap malnutrition prevalence data with timeline geographical information
- Nutrition Publications and Reports Report, brochure, campaign document, research and strategy paper in pdf format.
- Nutrition Expedition Games designed for elementary students; reinforces objectives of nutrition, identifying and classifying foods, health benefits of food group, nutritious combination foods, etc.
The HLWIKI International Advisory makes consumer health information (CHI) available to all -- however, it is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as advice or as a substitute for consulting a doctor. While we strive to keep all content current and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability of information, products, services, or related graphics contained here or on any of the websites listed. Only qualified health providers can provide health care e.g., they will take your health history, examine you, and bring their expertise and experience to bear on evaluating you. Put simply, advice regarding your care should always include your physician and other health providers. Please ask your local health librarian for further assistance.