|Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
Previous scholarly work
See Dean Giustini, UBC Biomedical Branch Librarian - 2012
Presentations & workshops
- WHERE ARE WE WITH SOCIAL MEDIA, CIRCA 2010? a discussion of major ’social media’ trends with student librarians. UBC School of Library, Archival and Information Studies Students, 2010.
- Surgery in an era of web 2.0: an introduction for UBC surgical residents. 2010.
- RefWorks, Zotero & Mendeley: an overview of three reference management tools. UBC Life Sciences Libraries, 2010
- Schreiber W, Giustini D. Harnessing web 2.0 in pathology. Annual Meeting of the ASCP in San Francisco, 2010
- Ashmore A, Giustini D, Hooker D. To share is to learn: Using social media to take libraries to learners. Simon Fraser University Library. HLABC Presentation, 2010.
- Giustini D. TOTS, July 2010, Using Slideshare for Academic Librarians
- Giustini D. Out Google Your Students: Google 2.0 for Educators June 2010
- BCLA 2009. Answering health & medical reference questions: an introduction for information professionals. Workshop, 2010.
Collaboration with other librarians
Teaching & course development
Practica and Theses supervised
- Mikako Sato, Langara library and information studies student, May 2010
- Jennifer Bancroft, UBC SLAIS student, Fall 2009
- Daniel Hooker, LIBR594, Directed Study, 2009
- Francisco Grajales, UBC SPPH/eHealth Strategy Office, Interdisciplinary Studies MSc, Sept 2009-May 2011.
New projects 2010