|Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
See Dean Giustini, UBC Biomedical Branch Librarian - 2013
Collaboration with other librarians
see also Scholarly activities, 2007 | 2008 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012
I finished my Master of Education (M.Ed) degree at the University of British Columbia in 2009.
- I was a Library Journal Mover & Shaker in 2009
Courses taught & developed
Presentations & workshops
- Giustini D, Hooker D, Cho A. Social cataloguing: an overview for health librarians. JCHLA/JABSC December 2009;30(4):133-38.
- Rowell G, Giustini D. Are constructivist approaches in teaching health librarians effective? A reflective case-study of teaching a course in health librarianship. JCHLA/JABSC December 2009;30(4):139-43.
- Schreiber W, Giustini D. Pathology in an era of web 2.0. American Journal of Clinical Pathology. December 2009; 132: 824-829.
- Giustini D, Wright MD. Twitter: an introduction to microblogging for health librarians.JCHLA/JABSC March 2009;30(1): http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/jchla/jchla1-09.html
- Murray S, Giustini D, Loubani T, Choi S, Palepu A. Medical research and social media: Can wikis be used as a publishing platform in medicine. Open Medicine 2009;3(3):121–122.
- Slobogean GP, Verma A, Giustini D. MEDLINE, EMBASE, and Cochrane index most primary studies but not abstracts included in orthopedic meta-analyses. J Clin Epidemiol. 2009 Apr 11. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/08954356
- Giustini D. Part I. Utilizing learning theories in the digital age: an introduction for health librarians. Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (JCHLA/JABSC) September 2008; 29:109-115. http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/jchla/jchla29/c08-028.pdf
- Giustini D. Part II. Utilizing learning theories in the digital age: from theory to practice. Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (JCHLA/JABSC) March 2009;29:109-115. http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/jchla/jchla29/c08-028.pdf
- Giustini D. Part III. Tipping point(s): informal learning for health librarians in an economic downturn. JCHLA / JABSC September 2009;30(3):113–116.
Directed study, practicum students & final projects
- Kendall Ho's Web 2.0 Committee - Using web 2.0 tools in health research at UBC
- Biomedical Branch Library Advisory Committee, 2009
- Hospital Librarians Committee, 2009
- Life Sciences Library Committee, 2009
- CHLA/ABSC Open Access Committee, 2009