Are you interested in contributing to HLWIKI International? contact Giuseppe Arcimboldo (Italian artist, ca. 1527 – 1593). The Librarian (Wolfgang Lazius), ca. 1562
To browse other articles on a range of HSL topics, see the A-Z index.
- 6 September 2018
- I am a (bio)medical librarian (academic hospital librarian) at UBC's Biomedical Branch Library in the Diamond Health Care Centre, an ambulatory care building at Vancouver General Hospital; there are hundreds of UBC faculty, staff and students at this location
- I have taught courses on information and tech-related topics at UBC's iSchool, at Langara in the Library and Information program and for the UBC School of Population and Public Health (SPPH).
- I am currently co-chairing the Indigenous Health Hub (CFLA-FCAB Indigenous Matters Committee) and working towards response to the Truth and Reconciliation process with colleagues.
Publication aggregators on the web
- Giustini et al. Effective uses of social media in public health and medicine: a systematic review of systematic reviews. OJPHI. September 2018; 10(2).
- Zhang C, Byrne G, Lee T, Singer J, Giustini D, Bressler B. Incidence of suicide in inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Can Assoc Gastroenterology. 11 July 2018 gwy025, https://doi.org/10.1093/jcag/gwy025
- Riedlinger S, Giustini D, Hursh B. Part I: The impact of insulin on children with diabetes at Toronto Sick Kids in the 1920s. Hektoen International. 2018;5(15).
- Riedlinger S, Giustini D, Hursh B. Part 2: The impact of insulin on children with diabetes at Toronto Sick Kids in the 1920s. Hektoen International. 2018;5(15).
- Giustini D. As Canadian Health Librarians We Must Now Move Ahead on the Truth and Reconciliation (TRC) Calls to Action. JCHLA/JABSC. 2017;38(3).
- Prior JC, Seifert-Klauss VR, Giustini D, Adachi JD, Kalyan S, Goshtasebi A. Estrogen-progestin therapy causes a greater increase in spinal bone mineral density than estrogen therapy - a systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled trials with direct randomization. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2017 Sep 1;17(3):146-154.
- Ganshorn H, Giustini D. New Directions in Health Sciences Libraries in Canada: Research and Evidence based Practice Are Key. Health Info Libr J. 2017 Jul 15. doi: 10.1111/hir.12190.
- Lin M, Park S, Hayden A, Giustini D, Trinkaus M, Pudek M, Mattman A, Schneider M, Chen LYC. Clinical utility of soluble interleukin-2 receptor in hemophagocytic syndromes: a systematic scoping review. Ann Hematol. 2017 May 12.
- Boulos MN, Giustini DM, Wheeler S. Instagram and WhatsApp in health and healthcare: an overview. Future Internet. 2016(8):37.
- Bramer WM, Giustini D, de Jonge GB, Holland L, Bekhuis T. De-duplication of database search results for systematic reviews in EndNote. J Med Libr Assoc. 2016 Jul;104(3):240-3.
- Hayden A, Park S, Giustini D, Lee AY, Chen LY. Hemophagocytic syndromes (HPSs) including hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) in adults: a systematic scoping review. Blood Rev. 2016 May 20. pii: S0268-960X(16)30019-4.
- Bramer WM, Giustini D, Kramer BM. Comparing the coverage, recall, and precision of searches for 120 systematic reviews in Embase, MEDLINE, and Google Scholar: a prospective study. Syst Rev. 2016 Mar 1;5(1):39.
Awards and Honours
Previous scholarly work